The Mountain Models Lucky ACE™ laser cut model airplane kit was designed to provide a simple building, lightweight, durable, highly aerobatic "stik" style plane, while still having a bit of style to it.
Named for my first born son, Aidan Charles Eberwein, The Lucky ACE™ weighs a 1/2 pound less than a comparable sized ARF! What does that mean for you? It means a lower stall speed, better handling at those speeds, smaller motors and batteries for the same performance, and longer flight times than those heavy ARF's.
The Lucky ACE™ was designed for the low experienced builder and pilots looking to start out in aerobatics and light 3D. The 12% symmetrical airfoil gives the Lucky ACE™ a wide range of performance and still slows down nicely for slow harriers. The Lucky ACE is a joy to fly, from mild to wild, it'll do almost anything you ask it.
The Lucky ACE™ can be built as a tail dragger or as a trike! 2 sets of landing gear mounts are included in the kit. To convert the kit to a trike, we sell a pack with the steerable nose gear and hardware to set it up.
For those on a time budget, the self-jigging laser cut balsa and plywood parts will let you build the kit quickly, so you can get to the fun part faster ... flying!
Click on the specifications and manual tabs above for more information and see below for reccomended accessories.
- Wingspan: 40.0 in
- Length: 30 in
- Wing Area: 344 sq in
- Flying Weight: 15.5 to 17.0 oz
- Wing Loding: 6.5 to 7.1 oz/sq ft
- Controls: 4 (Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons (2 servos), Throttle
- Power: Scorpion 2215-18 (200 Watts/Pound) or Scorpion 2208-34 (150
- Battery: 3S-1300 LiPo (Capacity sized to chosen motor)
- Laser Cut balsa and plywood
- Full size CAD drawn plans
- CAD illustrated instruction manual
- Landing Gear Wire
- 1.86" Sport DuBro Wheels
- DuBro Tail Skid
- DuBro EZ Servo Connectors
- DuBro Micro EZ Links
- Pushrods and Housings
- Hatch Magnets
- Motor mounting hardware
- Screws, Velcro, Etc.
Needed to Complete:
- Motor (Scorpion 2215-18: 200 watts/pound)
- OR Scorpion 2208-34 (150 watts/pound)
- Speed Control (Scorpion 25A)
- Battery (20C 3S-1300)
- 4+ Channel RX and TX
- 4 ea. Hitec HS-55 Servos
- 2 ea. 6" Servo Extensions
- 1 to 2 ea. 12" Servo Extensions
- 1 ea. Servo Y-Extension for Aileron Servos (if not using 6-7 ch. RX)
- 1 ea. Rolls SoLite SolarFilm Covering
- Hobby knife and blades
- Covering Iron
- Thin and Thick CA
- 5 to 15 minute epoxy
- Soldering Iron
- Soldering paste/flux
The current version of the manual is 1.0: Lucky ACE Manual (892 KB)