The 54 inch Tyro150 was designed in 3D CAD to be an outstanding tricycle gear electric trainer.
Its large 54” wingspan makes it easy to see, the light wing loading lets it fly slowly, and tricycle landing gear helps make landings easier, while still being a lot of fun for the experienced pilot.
All laser cut balsa and plywood make it super easy and fast to assemble.
The kit is as complete as you can get and includes a TON of hardware, listed in the specifications tab abve.
- Wingspan: 54 in
- Length: 45.5 in
- Wing Area: 558 sq in
- Flying Weight: 37 to 45 oz
- Wing Loding: 9.5 to 11.6 oz/sq ft
- Controls: 4 (Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons (2 servos), Throttle)
- Power: 150 to 250 Watt Brushless Outrunner
- Battery: 3S LiPo (Capacity sized to chosen motor)
- 26 Sheets Laser Cut wood
- Balsa/Light Ply Cowling (See Manual tab)
- Pre-Bent Landing Gear Wire!
- DuBro Steerable Nose Gear
- DuBro Wheels
- EZ Servo Connectors
- Pushrods, Housings, and Clevises
- Hatch Magnets
- Screws, Velcro, Etc.
Needed to Complete:
- Speed Control
- 4 Channel RX and TX
- 4 ea. Hitec HS-81 Servos (or similar)
- 2 ea. 12" Servo Extensions
- 1 ea. Servo Y-Extension for Aileron Servos
- 2 ea. Rolls Solarfilm or SoLite Covering
- Hobby knife and blades
- Covering Iron
- Thin and Thick CA
- 5 to 15 minute epoxy
- Soldering Iron
- Soldering paste/flux
VIDEO 1: Video by "TurboJoe" (5.02 MB)
The current version of the manual is 1.0: Tyro 150 Manual (2.78 MB)
The kit now contains a balsa cowling: Balsa Cowling Assembly (524 KB)