The QF2 is unavailable at this time, due to the lack of booms. We are looking for a new source and will get the QF-2 back into production as soon as possible.
The QF2 is a Discus-Launch-Glider built up from laser cut balsa parts and carbon fiber components. It has been designed as an inexpensive great flying DLG that is capable of 120 foot launches and is easy to build.
The kit includes all laser cut balsa, tapered wrapped CF tailboom, CF material for spar strengthening, fiberglass for reinforcing the tails and fuselage, CAD drawn plans, push rods and housings, and misc. hardware.
Discussion, builds, and the evolution of the QF2 can be found on R/C Groups HERE.
Discussion on the QF2 can be found HERE.
cut balsa and plywood
- Lightweight tapered carbon fiber tail boom
- Carbon fiber for spar strengthening
- Fiberglass for fuselage and tails
- Pushrods and pushrod housings
- Full size CAD drawn plans
- Misc. hardware
- Sharp knife (#11 X-Acto)
- Razor plane (better) or sanding block
Items Needed to Complete:
- Thin and thick CA
- 5 minute epoxy
- Minwax Polycrylic or epoxy finishing resin for fiberglassing parts
- 2+ Ch Radio
- 2 Servos (GWS Pico, HS-55, or similar)
- RX Battery (4 cell 370mAh NiMH or smaller)