Welcome to the Mountain Models 1/12 Scale P-51 Mustang Electric Park Flyer. We believe this model fits an area that has been largely ignored or done poorly to date. We strived to provide a laser cut kit that provides the builder a properly engineered, nicely finished, lightweight, great flying park flyer that is as scale as possible.
Designed in 3D CAD, we used interlocking laser cut parts throughout, to make assembly as easy as possible, locking parts together for proper alignment and fit. This kit is designed for the novice to intermediate builder and the intermediate pilot in mind. You should have some experience with tail draggers, knowing how to use the rudder and elevator on takeoff runs.
Once in the air, however, even the novice can fly this model. If you don’t have tail dragger experience, get some help from someone that does and you’ll be fine flying this model. You’ll be the envy of pilots at your field when you show up with this model. They won’t believe what they’re seeing!
Video #1: A nice windy (20+ MPH) day of flying.
Video #2: General flying ability on a not so windy day.
Wingspan: 37 in
Wing Area: 254 sq in
Weight: 15 -
Loading: 8.5 - 11.0 oz/sq
Controls: 4-5 (Rudder, elevator, ailerons,
throttle, optional retracts)
Power: 350 sized Brushed or Brushless power
Building: "Could be a first balsa
cut balsa and plywood
- Vac-formed cockpit,
canopy, cowling, engine exhaust, radiator
- DuBro main wheels,
- DuBro Micro Servo
- Nylon wing
- Hatch magnet
- All wire for landing gear, pushrods, etc.
- All other hardware needed, including screws, bolts, nuts, etc.
- Includes Full-Size plans.
- Sharp knife (#11 X-Acto)
- Sealing Iron and iron socks
- Sanding block with 320 and 400 grit
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire bender or pliers
- Wire cutters
- Plastic wrap or wax paper
Items Needed to Complete:
- 1 roll lightweight covering (SoLite or similar)
- Optional: Extra covering or trim sheets for detail work
as desired for finish
- Paint for plastic details
- Thin and thick CA
- 4 channel transmitter minimum
- Micro receiver, 4 ch. minimum
- 4-5 ea. HS-55 servos
- 2 ea. 6 inch servo extensions
- Servo Y-Extension for aileron servos (or 5ch RX, and TX
capable of running 2 aileron servos)
- Brushless Power Systems:
- Himax 2015-4100 Inrunner in a GWS "D"
- OR Homax 2025-4200 in a GWS "D" Gearbox
Battery (3S-1200 to 3S-1500 mAh)
- Brushed Power System:
- GWS EPS350 "C"
- Micro brushed ESC, 10A minimum
- GWS 10x8 2-blade or 4-blade prop
- 2S-1000 mAh LiPo
The current version of the manual is 1.62: P-51 Manual (4.03 MB)